Sometimes a good stir-fry can soothe the soul. It’s something that I used to make all the time back in “the day”. The back in the day that I am referring to is when we didn’t eat clean and I used to make stir-frys using those spice packets and lord knows what ingredients were really in those. So this is something I have been excited to make for a while. Since we had some delicious asparagus, snow peas, and bok choi this week in our CSA, I thought this was a perfect time to give it a try and it turned out heavenly!
I used the bok choi, asparagus, snow peas, and scallions from my CSA weekly share.
In my pantry I grabbed a red pepper, onion, broccoli, carrots, mushrooms, garlic, ginger, and a lime.
For the sauce, you know the part that makes this scrumptious, I used:
– Soy sauce (I use Kroger Simple Truth Organic Soy Sauce)
– Tahini (I use Kroger Simple Truth Organic Tahini)
– Honey (I use my great-uncle Earl’s local Kentucky honey)
– Arrowroot starch (you could also use corn starch, but I always use Bob’s Red Mill Arrowroot Starch instead of corn starch.)
– The Quinoa was used as my base and the sesame seeds were toasted and sprinkled on top.
I chopped up all the veggies.
Added the shrimp.
Added the sauce and quinoa and then it was time to dig in.
This was soooo good. The asian flavors were so heavenly, it was like I ordered this is an authentic asian restaurant.
Ingredients from our CSA:
Scallions – chopped
Olive oil – 2-3 Tbsp
Shrimp – 1 pound wild caught atlantic shrimp
Mushrooms – 5-6 chopped
Yellow Onion – 1/2 chopped
Red Pepper – 1 chopped
Carrots – 2-3 chopped
Broccoli – 1 small head chopped
Lime – 1/2 juiced
Ginger – 1 inch peeled and minced
Garlic Cloves – 3 minced
Quinoa – ½ cup
Honey – 2 tsp
Soy Sauce – 5 Tbsp
Arrowroot Starch – 1 Tbsp
Tahini – 1 tsp
Sesame Seeds – 2 Tbsp toasted
Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Prepare quinoa as directed and set aside
- Wash veggies and chop
- Heat 2 Tbsp of olive oil over medium heat in cast iron skillet then add garlic, ginger, snow peas, asparagus, carrots, red pepper, onion, broccoli, mushrooms, bok choi, and sauté for 5 minutes
- In another skillet cook the shrimp until down
- Meanwhile, mix together soy sauce, tahini, lime juice, honey, and arrowroot starch with wisk and set aside until veggies are sautéed
- Add shrimp, quinoa, and sauce to sautéed veggies in the cast iron skillet and mix.
- Top with scallions and toasted sesame seeds
For more recipes from our week two CSA share, click HERE.
For more recipes, click HERE.